Indoor gardening is not all about setting up a grow tent or cabinet and fixing the lighting and aerating systems alone. The lighting system should have a controlling ballast that regulates the electric current passing through the grow bulb. The 1000W Hot Head Magnetic Ballast MH/HPS 120/240V is one such controlling system for the indoor grow cabinet lighting. Certain light bulbs like the HID lighting bulbs need time to start up and uses a varied range of power intake. If this electric current is not controlled, it may destroy the bulb itself. With the help of ballasts, the electricity is controlled and helps the bulb have longer life. This particular ballast is a magnetic ballast.
- The 1000W hot head magnetic ballast will light up both MH and HPS grow bulbs. There is no need for a converter when there is a switch in the grow bulb type. simply change the switch to select MH or HPS light source.
- The 1000W hot head magnetic ballast can work in an incoming voltage of 120 -240V, thus eliminating any power converter.
- The 1000W hot head magnetic ballast is budget friendly magnetic ballast for any grower.
- It comes in compact size and has a beautiful blue colored powder coated steel on it.
- The reflector receptacle in the 1000W hot head magnetic ballast is compatible with almost all of the reflector brand types.
- The carrying handles make it easy for to carry it around from one place to another.
- The 1000W hot head magnetic ballast is easy to place on a flat surface, with the help of the provided metal feet, or may be wall mounted, whichever is convenient for the grower.
The pros and Cons of 1000W hot head magnetic ballast MH/HPS 120/240V
Magnetic ballasts are the earlier form of the ballast system. The 1000W hot head magnetic ballast is highly economical and is easy to install and use. But they do have their drawbacks like power consumption issues and other problems. it is widely believed that magnetic ballasts consume more power than electronic but in fact the so called ‘excess’ is minimal. In this way the 1000W hot head magnetic ballast is a better choice if the grower does not have much to spend and not much to lose. Many users have the opinion that there is no major difference in the life period of a grow bulb when using the electronic ballast so in that field also the 1000W hot head magnetic ballast has a slightly higher score.
Magnetic ballast have low cycle rate and can cause light flickering, even though it is subtle. The 1000W hot head magnetic ballast uses the magnetic field to control and inhibit the current spikes and regulate the power passing to the grow bulbs. The magnetic ballast may emit excess magnetic field that can affect the other devices as well. Since the 1000W hot head magnetic ballast is a small device and will be used for smaller purposes that threat may be almost eliminated. It must also be noted that all parts of the 1000W hot head magnetic ballast are made of recyclable material and also have longer life.