Everyone is using hydroponics system for growing nowadays. This is because of few simple reasons like lack of outdoor growing space, to eat healthy and fresh foods and to grow any type of fruit, vegetable and herb all year round, irrespective of outside weather conditions.
Hydroponics is a method of growing plants with nutrients and water and without soil. The water is directly delivered to the plant root system. The plant root system may hang directly in the nutrient solution or lie in a grow tray which is filled with a substrate i.e. a replacement for soil. The substrate comes in different type of material such as perlite, sand, sawdust, wood chips, rockwool and many more. These materials are porous and tactfully hold the water solution for the plant root system. The plant roots grow within this substrate to secure the plant within the grow tray.
Hydroponics system consists of not only of nutrient solution, substrates aka growing medium but many more other components. The mutual performance of all the components combined results in the success of plant growth. Components used in hydroponics systems are pumps, timers, grow lights, reservoirs, grow trays and many more. There are several online and offline stores offering hydroponic supplies. This makes it difficult for you to select from several alternatives available. Grow trays is one of these products offered by many companies in varied sizes. Xtray is a brand known to offer superior quality product.
Xtray comes in 8 different sizes that includes 2’ X 2’, 2’ X 4’, 2’ X 8’, 3’ X 3’, 3’ X 6’, 4’ X 4’, 4’ X 6’ and 4’ X 8’. Moreover each size is available in two colors i.e. black and white. The features of 4′ x 6′ White Xtray is:
- The main feature of 4′ x 6′ White Xtray is that it comes in grooved FLO-THRU channels to hold optimum water.
- The 4′ x 6′ White Xtray is designed to maintain your plants always well irrigated and in good health.
- The strong structure of 4′ x 6′ White Xtray offers vibrant plants for improved yields.
- The Outside Dimensions of 4′ x 6′ White Xtray is 51″ x 75″ x 6.5″.
- The 4′ x 6′ White Xtray is durable enough to hold your plants tightly for its entire life cycle and will assist you for many more.
- The plant roots will find comfortable home within 4′ x 6′ White Xtray and provide you larger plants.
Availability: In stock
Grow trays are useful components in hydroponics systems. Hydroponics systems such as Wick System, Drip System, Ebb and Flow system and Nutrient Film Technique (NFT) uses grow trays. The grow trays are filled with any grow medium in which plants roots develop or directly holds plants to supply nutrient solution to the plant roots. The grow trays are placed above the reservoir that contains nutrient solution. Depending on the type of hydroponic system, the nutrient rich water solution is provided to plants rooting system at regular intervals. Also, excess nutrient solution flows back into the reservoir.