Flood trays are essential accessories in hydroponics grow system. Hydroponics system is an indoor plantation and simply means that the plants are grown in an inert medium without using soil. This inert medium does not contain any nutritional value of its own and serves as a substitute to soil. The essential nutrients for plant growth are supplied through water. The nutrients and minerals are dissolved into water and this solution is supplied to the plant roots.
The complete hydroponics system comprises of several components and tools. All combine together to offer plants the required water, light, oxygen, nutrition and creates ideal environment for plant growth. Each component performs its desired task and lead towards maximum possible yields. Flood tray is one of these component of hydroponics grow system. Today, if you search the web, you will find lots of companies offering Flood Trays. You will have a choice to buy from its various sizes and colors. The 4′ x 8′ Economy Line Black Flood Tray will be your first buying choice due to the various reasons that are discussed below.
Reasons to Buy 4′ x 8′ Economy Line Black Flood Tray
The ultimate features will clear your understanding and you will directly buy one for your hydroponics.
1. Depth – The depth of 6 inches in the 4′ x 8′ Economy Line Black Flood Tray provides for strong deep homes to your plant roots.
2. Re-designed channels – 4′ x 8′ Economy Line Black Flood Tray contains re-designed channels.
3. Compatible – 4′ x 8′ Economy Line Black Flood Tray comes with a dual-step sidewalls, allowing you to use it for 2 different plant root heights.
4. Design – It comes in a superior grid pattern design that is capable to hold optimal water.
5. Strong – 4′ x 8′ Economy Line Black Flood Tray is strong and has a sturdy body compared to other brands.
6. Maintenance – It allows easy cleaning to keep the growing environment hygienic.
7. Dimensions – The complete measurement of 4′ x 8′ Economy Line Black Flood Tray is 96 x 6 x 48.
8. Affordable – Its sturdy body and design makes it an affordable buy. Additionally, with two side step walls on the outside of the 4′ x 8′ Economy Line Black Flood Tray, use it for two different height grow systems.
Use of 4′ x 8′ Economy Line Black Flood Tray in hydroponics systems
4′ x 8′ Economy Line Black Flood Tray is a useful component in hydroponics systems such as, Ebb and Flow Systems and Drip Systems. Flood trays are also helpful in Nutrient film technique hydroponic grow system. But generally tubes are used in this system.
- Ebb and Flow Systems – In Ebb and Flow hydroponic systems, flood tray is placed above the reservoir. The flood tray holds the plants into the growing medium. The nutrient solution from the reservoir is pumped into the flood tray for a certain period of time, till the timer is set. Then through the drainage, the water flows back into the reservoir. This procedure is followed at regular intervals.
- Drip Systems – It is also called a Drip irrigation system, which is similar to Ebb and flow. Here, instead of irrigating the whole flood tray, each plant is provided with its own solution dispensing tube. This facilitates all plants with even nutrients distribution.