Everybody today demands hydroponic grow with stealth feature. Hydroponics system is a plant cultivation method using water and nutrients and without soil. There exist numerous varieties of stealth hydroponic grow box, grow cabinets, and grow rooms for you to easily select and start growing instantly.
However, have you ever thought that then why DIY Do It Yourself Stealth Hydroponics Grow is also getting popular? It is because of one most important reason i.e. the price. These grow units are easy to use, automated and fully assembled but they are very expensive. Thus, the most excellent alternative is the DIY Do It Yourself Stealth Hydroponics Grow cabinet.
Stealth Hydroponics growing method is the best way for plants cultivation. Hydroponics provides the nutrient rich solution directly to plant roots that allows healthy, larger and faster plant growth. In soil, plants have to search for needed minerals to grow but in hydroponics it is regularly supplied to the place where it is needed the most. The Stealth Hydroponics Grow allows you to grow your own flowers, vegetables, fruits and herbs indoors.
Stuff You Will Require To DIY Do It Yourself Stealth Hydroponics Grow Box
- Prefabricated cabinet at least 5 feet high that can hold two 5-gallon buckets
- Small fan
- Small shelf for fan
- Wood screws
- 250 watt grow light
- Two 5-gallon buckets
- Sheet of window mesh
- Silicon sealant
- Large tray
- Submersible pump
- Air pump
- Air stone
- Hydroponic nutrient solution
- Growing medium
The Detailed Steps to DIY Stealth Hydroponics Grow Box
- Step 1: Using a drill make a series of holes in the bottom of the cabinet. This will allow outside fresh air to be drawn within the cabinet. Cut another hole on the top of the cabinet, it should be as big as the fan size. This will allow the stale air to be pushed out.
- Step 2: Using the screw fit one small shelf into the wall and below the top hole. This shelve will hold your fan facing its blades over the hole. Drill a small hole in the back of the cabinet and pass the fan’s power cord out through the hole. This fan will keep air movement all through the cabinet. This will give your plants a fresh supply of air and will also keep heat from building up into grow.
- Step 3: Fit a 250-watt CFL grow light into the top of the cabinet. Make one hole in the back of the cabinet to allow its power cord to pass through it.
- Step 4: Drill some seven to ten 3-8 inches holes around the bottom of one of the 5-gallon bucket. The holes should be made about 1-1/2 inches above the bottom of the bucket. Cut out seven to ten small squares of window mesh. Using the silicon sealant, glue them over the holes from the inside of the bucket and allow the sealant to dry. These holes will help to drain out excess nutrient solution from the bucket. Put the bucket on the tray inside the cabinet.
- Step 5: Locate the submersible pump into the other bucket and run the line from it so that it hangs over the top of the other bucket. Plug the pump into the timer. Set the timer to turn on and off so that the pump delivers hydroponic solution to the grow bucket in exact time and amounts.
- Step 6: Lay the air pump beside the second bucket and fix the end of its line into an air stone. To keep the nutrient solution aerated, place the air stone in the bottom of the bucket with the pump in it.
- Step 7: Drill one big hole at the back of the cabinet to run the pump and timer power cords out through this hole.
- Step 8: Mix water and nutrients to make a nutrient solution. Adjusts its pH as per the instructions mentioned on the package. Pour and fill the pump bucket with this solution. Fill the grow bucket with a growing medium such as Perlite, Vermiculite or as suitable to the plant type. The DIY Do It Yourself Stealth Hydroponics Grow is now ready for use.
DIY Stealth grow box FAQs:
Can I build an easy DIY Stealth Grow box with my old PC case?
Of course, you can make a DIY stealth grow box using anything. Be it old PC or an old dresser, you can simply infuse your creativity and make a grow box.
How can I make my DIY grow box absolutely stealth/discreet?
If you are having a spare room, you can simply build your DIY grow box in that room. If you are dealing with space constraints, you can make sure that the odor, lights, noise (because of fan, water dripping) etc. maintain a low profile by going that extra mile and buying a branded product instead of tightening the purse strings. The main keyword here is stealth so make sure the grow box you are building has a stealth facility such as old worn out office cabinet, armoire, dressing shelf etc. which will give your plants a good cover up but inhibit outdoor light.
My small DIY stealth grow box inline fan hums a lot? How can I tone it down?
Are you sure you have bought a good fan rather than a cheap one? Cheap flimsy products tend to be noisy. None of the fan work absolutely silent as they tend to hum in a whisper-quiet-way which can be overlooked as they cannot be heard but if your fan sounds like a rattle make sure to switch to a better one.
Is a ready-to-use grow box better than a cheap DIY stealth grow box?
Many newborn growers think that DIY stealth grow box is quite easy but it is quite a responsible job as you have to start from scratch and if you are a fresher in electrical equipments then the risk is doubled in contrast to branded products where all you have to do is simply plug-in and get started. Another feature about branded grow cabinets are the myriad test they undergo to stand the test of time giving you a perfect product ready to use. But hey, if you are a risk taker, I say, what the heck, indulge in your challenges every which way possible.
Which nutrients are the best for my plants?
When it comes to nutrients, I suggest you stick to organic and natural ones such as Humboldt nutrients, X Nutrients, Hesi Hydro Bloom that work great for hydroponic and soil based plants.
Can I use CFL lights for my DIY stealth grow box?
Though CFL lights work satisfactory for DIY stealth grow box, it is best recommended to use MH/HPS lights for better results. They both work excellent in vegetative and flowering stages giving you the full benefit of better yields at budget price for the grow lights.
Where can I find DIY stealth grow box ideas or good plans to build one?
There are many websites and personal blogs providing you with step-by-step process of how you can build stealth grow box on your own. You can also find innovative and unique ideas on how a grow box can be built using simplest things that are easily overlooked by us.
Which is the best hydroponic method for my diy stealth hydroponic grow box?
Many DIY growers use the Deep Water Culture and the Ebb and Flow system as it can be easily affixed by freshers in the gardening field. While deep water culture includes dipping the half of the plant roots in nutrient filled water, ebb and flow works by temporarily flooding the growing tray. With the help of timer and water pump, the water is then drained back to the reservoir beneath. They are quite cost cutting and works good for getting yields.
Is LED lights good for my DIY stealth grow box ?
LED grow lights are best recommended for those who have a big grow cabinet. I do not recommend LED grow lights for small time growers for two reasons (1) price and (2) necessity. While LED grow lights work great and are unarguably the best for growing plants, they also come at an expensive price and if you are planning a DIY stealth grow box out of a dresser or a PC, it is just not needed as you can get good yields simply by infusing MH, HPS or T5 fluorescent grow lights that won’t burn a hole in your pocket.
What is a DIY stealth rubbermaid grow box ?
As in the name, rubbermaid grow box are nothing but plants grown in rubbermaid tubs. If you are planning a DIY, buy 22 gallon rubbermaid tubs or a smaller version depending on your gardening preference. The darker the color of tub, the better as you can keep the grow box dark during their flowering cycle. You can put them in an unused closet, cabinet or any other regular dresser. With lights, silent fan and other respective equipments thrown in, voila, your DIY stealth rubbermaid grow box is ready to use.[/restab][/restabs]
REad more on
- pc planter stealth hydroponic system
- stealth grow lights
- hydroponics hydro
- stealth grow systems
- stealth hydroponic grow system
- hydroponic kits
- hydroponic system kits
- stealth grow kits