The plants need a great amount of CO2 around them to prepare their ‘food’ and to grow. The growth is more dependent on the available CO2 than the water or light. The atmospheric air contains about 400 ppm of CO2 normally. When there is a drop in this quantity the impact is very visible on the slow plant growth. In order to increase the yield and have faster growth, a gardener can install a CO2 generator that will provide the extra CO2 needed to accelerate the growing. One of the efficient CO2 generators is the LTL 4 Burner Propane CO2 Generator – High Altitude.
The LTL 4 Burner Propane CO2 Generator – High Altitude, as the name suggests works well in the higher altitude areas, which is above 5000 ft from the sea level. It will not work well under that particular altitude and will show a yellow flame which is not good. The flame should have a bright blue color and moderate in size. This LTL CO2 generator produces the CO2 by burning the propane gas. A single unit of this high altitude CO2 generator is enough to fill an area of 11 cubic feet within an hours’ time. The optimal level of CO2 for an increased growth rate is 1000-1500 ppm and that can be easily fulfilled by this equipment.
The features of LTL 4 Burner Propane CO2 Generator – High Altitude
- As mentioned earlier, it is suitable only for higher altitude areas. It may also work in lower altitudes but not less than 2500 ft, as long as the burners produce healthy flames.
- It works on 4 burners that are made of brass and works on 24V DC. The burners are leaner in these high altitude generators so that the lower oxygen level does not interfere with its proper working.
- The LTL 4 burner propane CO2 generator come almost ready to use with minimal assembly. It comes with a correct regulator, a 12’ long hose, and a tank full of liquid propane gas.
- The hose connects the CO2 regulator to the flare fitting on the side.
- The LTL propane CO2 generator has a dual solenoid valve for extra protection against an open pilot flame.
- The LTL 4 Burner Propane CO2 Generator should be installed at a hanging level to allow air flow through the bottom. The necessary hardware for the hanging installment is provided in the package.
- The LTL propane CO2 generator should be installed in a fairly ventilated room or location to avoid CO2 accumulation.
- The LTL propane CO2 generator has a built in safety tip over switch that turns off in case it falls down or trips over.
Tips on using the LTL 4 Burner Propane CO2 Generator – High Altitude
- The LTL propane CO2 generator will auto switch off if the burners do not fire within 5 attempts. In that case switch the whole thing off and wait for 5 minute before starting all over.
- A small blue flame or yellow flame shows some error which should be attended to immediately.
- The LTL 4 Burner Propane CO2 Generator – High Altitude also produces a good amount of heat so ventilation is must and the rower should also keep check on the nearby temperature and take necessary cooling measures.