For those passionate gardeners who are looking for the next product to grow, growing tomato is your best option. Instead of buying adulterated tomatoes from the market you can grow your own healthy tomatoes at home. The effort taken in setting up the tomato growing facility pays off once you get quality tomatoes at hand. There are different types of tomato plant pots for tomato gardening.
1. Tomatoes require ample supply of sunlight for its healthy growth and so it should be kept in a location where the plants get around six to eight hours of sunlight. Even if you grow the plants indoors makes sure that they are kept at a place where there is direct supply of sunlight. If needed, extra artificial lighting like grow lights should be provided. So the grow pots used for the tomatoes planting should be such that it can withstand the excess sunlight and the quality of the pot does not degrade.
2. The soil to be used in the pots is available in different varieties. There are regular potting soil, soilless growing mix, lighter weight soil, garden soil and many more available soils. Soil that retains the moisture is ideal for growing tomatoes. So depending upon the soil you are going to use, select an ideal tomato plant pot for growing tomatoes. A layer of screen is recommended to be placed under the soil. This helps to pass the water easily.
3. The Tomato Plant Pots for Tomato Gardening should have a proper drainage system in them. That is, the pots should have holes in them to excrete the excess water, nutrients and other unwanted feeds. The holes should be provided at the bottom of the tomato plant pots. For better drainage, grow mediums like peat moss, vermiculite, perlite and similar others are used in the tomato plant pots. You can also place plastic bags or used nylon cloths at the base of the tomato plant pots. This helps to retain the moisture and keep it in the dirt. Also if some river rocks and pebbles are added to the tomato grow pots it helps in improving drainage.
4. There are number of different varieties of tomatoes you can grow like the 4th of July Tomato, Bush 506 Container tomato, Grape Rosalita Tomato, Legend Tomato, Kimberly Container tomato, Italian Red Pear Tomato, New Big Dwarf heirloom tomato, Margo Container tomato, Mandarin Cross Tomato, Rosella Purple Dwarf Tomato, Sugary Cherry tomato and so on. For different varieties of tomato plants, different tomato plant pots needs to be used. For dwarf tomatoes smaller containers need to be used. But it should not be so small, that is, it must have enough space for the roots of the plants to grow well and not circle inside it because of the lack of space. There are also hanging pots available which add on to the aesthetics.
5. The tomato plants require adequate amount of water during all the stages of its growth life cycle. On the initial days of the week, the plants should be watered heavily and the watering level should be reduced as the days go on. But frequent watering should be given to the tomato plants even though the quantity is less. This is because the roots of the tomato plants need moisture for its healthier and stronger growth. During the summer season this measurement is not followed. They must be watered heavily on all the days. So the Tomato Plant Pots for Tomato Gardening should be such that it can withstand and withhold gallons of water needed by the tomatoes to prosper.
6. The Tomato Plant Pots for Tomato Gardening are prone to external attacks even when kept indoors or outdoors. So the pots for gardening the tomato plants should be constructed or bought in such a way that it protects the plants and prevents any external attacks. External attacks usually include attacks from pest, insects and even communicable diseases.
There are also tomato grow pots available specifically for the tomato plants both in your nearby garden stores and even online. Also you can find many tips, suggestions and conduct of the tomato grow pots if you want to do your own. If all the instructions are followed to step by step and if the necessary light, heat, air, water, nutrients and other feeds are given to the tomato plants, you will get fresh, juicy and healthy tomatoes as the end result.