The main motive of the Triple X2 Open Double Ended Lamp Reflector or any other grow light reflectors in general is to provide optimum light distribution to the plants without missing out on corner areas. During the initial stages, reflectors used to provide around 85% of the reflection which was quite weak as spots tend to be missed but the current generation reflectors give you around 93% of the reflection which is definitely good when it comes to growing plants.
Triple X2 Open Double Ended Lamp Reflector Features
For those who are impatient and want to get straight to the point, I won’t waste your time. Here are some of the features:
- Powder coated steel structure – The entire body of the reflector is made out of strong steel that gives you optimum performance and durable life. It is proven to be resistant to abrasion, acids etc. not to mention the finished look and style that is delivered making your grow tent look trendy.
- Aluminum reflector – You know that aluminium reflector is a best conductor of electricity. This is one of the primary reasons Triple X2 Open Double Ended Lamp Reflector uses aluminum as its reflector. The reflector is made out of German aluminum that means it is lightweight but equally strong and absolutely weather resistant. You will notice that the reflector comes with bumps and indentations. The process is called hammertone which is to ensure that light is passed equally to the plants so that there are no hot spots. A hot spot is a term used for reflectors that often miss to provide lumens to a certain area of grow tent.
- DE HPS lamps – Triple X2 Open Double Ended Lamp Reflector uses Double Ended HPS lamps (grow lights). There is a valid reason why they are there in your system. The DE HPS lamps have a large life than ordinary HPS bulbs. Not many know but double ended lamps can give you 90% illumination even after they have been used for 10,000 hours. Another benefit of using HPS bulbs are they emit more ultraviolet and infrared light which can raise the level of essential oils in many oil producing plants.
- Louvered holes – you will notice on the sides of the reflector comes several louvered holes. The reason is to let the heat and the moisture out of the reflectors.
- Ballast plug – Lastly, they come with standard ballast plug that works with easily with any of the popular ballasts.
The default strength of the DE HPS bulbs is 600w. If you want more lumens, you have the option to choose 1000w bulb. The Triple X2 Open Double Ended Lamp Reflector also comes with Interlux high performance DE bulbs for which you need to pay a few extra bucks. These bulbs come with higher spectral ratio that can really boost up the flowering and harvest not to mention prolonged life span.
Bottomline, make the best use of your grow tent by utilizing the Triple X2 Open Double Ended Lamp Reflector that only aids to deliver great yields while saving very much on your energy bills.